POSTED: NOVEMBER 2017
Employment application forms may be picked up on site in the golf shop. You may also click here to download and print an employment application, which you can submit in person during business hours.
Position: Golf Course Superintendent (reports to General Manager)
Status: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Compensation: TBD based on experience. An attractive benefits package including vacation and company contributions to health insurance is offered with the position.
Company: Sunrise Golf, Inc. Sunrise Golf is a highly respected golf and resort management and consulting firm with specialized expertise in marketing, technology and development. The company is based in Toledo, OH, with offices in Palm Springs.
Location: Escena Golf Club, Palm Springs, CA
With stunning views and inspiring design, Escena Golf Club is one of the top attractions in Palm Springs. In addition to its award winning golf course and clubhouse, the operation includes the Escena Lounge & Grill, one of the area’s most popular dining destinations. A growing residential base within the community has contributed to the growth of the business. A significant re-investment into the facility has resulted in several improvements to the golf course, facilities and equipment. Escena offers its employees a dynamic working environment and strong, stable ownership.
Job Overview: The Golf Course Superintendent (GCS) is a key position that assists and oversees all aspects of maintaining golf course turf and landscape areas, ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers and planters around the clubhouse and other facility areas. The GCS also has employee supervision responsibilities and works in concert with the GM and Director of Golf to achieve the company objectives with respect to course quality and budget goals. The GCS has a strong work ethic, has good organization skills, is detail oriented, exhibits sound leadership and decision-making abilities, and works well in a team environment.
Job Responsibilities: The GCS is responsible for the following activities:
– Formulates policies, daily/weekly/monthly/annual operating plans, labor and resource management plans for the maintenenace department.
– Develops and keeps detailed records of labor schedules using company systems.
– Plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments, expedites work flow.
– Establish and document golf course maintenance programs and standard operating procedures.
– Supervises Assistant Superintendent and maintenance crew in accordance with company policies and procedures.
– Develops budgets, monitors expenses, processes invoices and prepares financial reports in compliance with company requirements.
– Oversees and is responsible for seeding, fertilizing, top dressing, soil conditioning, irrigation, pest and weed control and any other programs relating to golf maintenance.
– Thorough knowledge of soils, turfs, fertilizers and chemicals used in golf course maintenance.
– Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations.
– Possesses working knowledge of the game and rules of golf.
– Develops the landscape plan for the facility and is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of that plan.
– Knowledge of landscaping and ability to recognize the need for proper pruning, planting, spraying and related care.
– Operates all golf course equipment utilized for the maintenance of landscape plant, tree and turf areas.
– Attend staff meetings.
– Assists in training and supervising maintenance crew assigned to landscape areas.
– Develops and implements golf course and grounds-related construction, renovation and capital improvement projects.
– Possesses and maintains all required certifications for the position and follows all procedures and handling of fertilizers, soil amendments and chemicals.
– Knowledge of and ability to enforce course policies, rules and regulations.
– Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
– Communicates daily with the GM and/or Director of Golf.
– Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
– Ability to effectively supervise and lead staff.
– Proficient in modern, computer-controlled irrigation systems and is knowledgeable with respect to water conservation best practices.
– Proficient in use personal computer including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and labor management software; calculator, mobile or portable radio.
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Occasionally or frequently works near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions and the work environment is at a moderate noise level.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related of a logical assignment of the position.
– The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods; walk; reach and lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact: To be considered, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.